This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] i need help booting zorin from a usb

abdullah01wod

Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:52:50 am

hello i am kinda new to the fourm but i have been testing out linux distros in virtual machines and i do it time from time take a look see if i like it so i have an 8gb USB and i used uui to install an image of Zorin OS 11 Core to it i am running Windows 10 64 BIT

My laptop is samsung

anyways

i was able to install zorin os 11 core on to the usb but i dont know how to get windows 10 to boot from it

i could use some help

thanks...

Swarfendor437

Sat Jul 16, 2016 2:37:35 pm

Hi, to boot off USB with Windows 10 you will need to:

1. Change BIOS settings from UEFI/EFI to Legacy.

2. Switch off Fast Boot in BIOS

3. Under Power Options | Advanced (hidden setting) you will need to turn off 'fast boot' there - forgot its exact phrase - basically this keeps the hard drive in sleep mode so that as soon as you power on your PC it boots directly from the hard drive - even if you have chosen a different boot medium to boot to first! ;)

abdullah01wod

Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:48:04 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, to boot off USB with Windows 10 you will need to:

1. Change BIOS settings from UEFI/EFI to Legacy.

2. Switch off Fast Boot in BIOS

3. Under Power Options | Advanced (hidden setting) you will need to turn off 'fast boot' there - forgot its exact phrase - basically this keeps the hard drive in sleep mode so that as soon as you power on your PC it boots directly from the hard drive - even if you have chosen a different boot medium to boot to first! ;)

Update:
i fixed it it was the fast bios thanking for replying