This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin on Panasonic CF30 Toughbook

Ben Somers

Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:07:58 am

Hi, has anybody else tried running Zorin on a Panasonic Toughbook? I installed it on a CF30 and ran into problem with text rendering eg help menu in AisleRiot Patience text is very faint in the background, unable to see text as I type in online forms.
Wondering if anybody else has experienced this and if there is a fix. Problem doesn't occur with Ubuntu, Lubuntu or Win7.
Any ideas would be appreciated. Ben

Swarfendor437

Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:15:50 pm

Hi, I don't have such a device but in the meantime can you try and see if there are any 'Graphics issues [your model of Notebook] using Ubuntu (if Zorin 9 Ubuntu 14.04 if Zorin 11 Ubuntu 15.10)' in a search engine and see if anything comes back? ;)

Ben Somers

Tue Jul 19, 2016 10:59:29 pm

Thanks for that, I'll try it

Ben Somers

Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:35:59 am

Update on this problem, after a slight spell I have reloaded Zorin 09 and applied all the updates. For unexplained but welcome reasons the problem appears to have resolved, Happy days!

Swarfendor437

Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:38:44 pm

Glad to hear it friend. Will mark as [RESOLVED]

Ben Somers

Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:42:37 am

Hi Again Just a further update on this issue, I may have discovered a gremlin.
The stated problem re-occurs if I change the theme to Zorin Dark or Zorin Blue, yrt is completly trouble free under Zorin Light. So if any body else has this issue, try switching to Zorin Light in the Theme Changer. :D

Swarfendor437

Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:59:18 pm

Hi, thanks for the update! ;) :D