This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Trackpad support for Chromebook Acer C720

FTJoe

Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:43:33 pm

I see there is trackpad support in OS 11 that is apparently missing in OS 9 for my Acer chromebook C720. Is there a simple package install I can run to get OS 9 working? I'd rather be on the LTS version.

Swarfendor437

Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:42:43 pm

Hi, a lot of device drivers are embedded in the kernel version that is installed - you could manually update kernel to a newer version but your system may become unstable. 12 LTS should be out in the not too distant future.

FTJoe

Fri Jul 29, 2016 9:23:38 pm

Thanks. So is there no easy way to experiment with OS 9 and installing device drivers to see which might work, or are these internal drivers? Any guesstimate on when the next LTS is out? A week a month? I'm trying to set up a chromebook so my son doesn't use his real laptop for anything but school.

Swarfendor437

Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:48:49 am

Hi, the only information I have is that they are working hard on the next LTS. They will have completed second Beta in few days time. They sometimes release an RC version before the final release for feedback. You may also like to consider Educational release of Zorin or you can add Educational Software yourself using Synaptic Package Manager. ;) :D