This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Cannot login on account

piggelin

Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:27:49 pm

I did a fresh install of Zorin 9. After just a few minutes the first problem showed up. The indicator 3 applet dissapeared (everything on the right, my username and clock etc.) I spent a few hours trying to get it back to no avail. Then I tried a solution I found in a sticky on this forum. A re-install of AWN. I ran this in terminal: sudo apt-get purge avant-window-navigator && sudo apt-get install avant-window-navigator and rebooted.

Now I cannot login anymore. It just goes back to the login promp. Guest account does´nt work either.

This is my third time testing Linux and i just can´t get it to work. The first two times I ran Ubuntu on two different computers and it worked "fine" for a few hours until it did not start anymore. Just got a Black screen of death and no other solution to be found other than to reinstall. I want to run Linux but It just problem after problem just to get it to run properly.

Anyone know how to login?

Swarfendor437

Sat Jul 30, 2016 8:39:04 pm

Hi don't know if anything helps here http://askubuntu.com/questions/590561/u ... op-problem