This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[RESOLVED] Taskbar overlayed and whitend out by SpiderOakONE

Anonymous

Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:31:58 am

[code][/code]Hi everybody!
I need some help with the displayed taskbar in Zorin 11. I just reinstalled the OS and different programms, everything worked fine so far, until I installed the client for my SpiderOak-Cloud (SpiderOakONE 6.1.5). With every systemboot, the tastbar ist displayed correctly, until SpiderOak starts automatically. As soon as the client ist open, the right handed taskbar panel gets wider until the middle of the screen and whitens every information displayed out, while the programmes pinned on the left handed side disappear. The start menu Z disappears, too, but the menu remains clickable. There is no information given, when hovering over the fields neither left, nor right (time, date etc.)

After removing SpiderOakONE with "apt-get remove", the taskbar behaviour and display got back to normal.

Any ideas on that issue?

P.s. Sorry for not being able posting screenshots due to working on a different machine at the moment.

Swarfendor437

Mon Aug 01, 2016 10:37:21 am

Hi, official support has now ended for Zorin 11 with Zorin 12 LTS about to be released. The part of the panel you are having issues with is called 'indicator-3' applet. No guarantees on this but right-clicking the panel, select preferences then select applets tab and remove indicator-3 applet. Select your app to auto-run at startup and see if it behaves properly then try to add back indicator-3 applet. ;)

Anonymous

Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:35:19 am

Hi, thanks for your quick answer.
You were right, it was the Indicator-3 applet. It's a pity due the workaround is that: SpiderOakONE-Client is displayed correctly and workable, when Indicator-3 applet is deactivated. So problem is solved, if only as a workaround.

Hopefulls Zorin 12 LTS is capable of solving this display-problem.

Thanks again for the quick answer and cheerio!