This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Confused about weather applet

jeffneedle

Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:36:00 pm

Hi. Using Zorin 11 64-bit. I want to add a weather applet to the bottom panel. I see some reference to it, advising us to add a screenlet, using the Zorin post-install guide. The link in the post I've found sends you to a post that doesn't exist any more.

I wonder if I could ask someone to step me through this. Many thanks.

MBMz10

Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:23:18 pm

Hi, right click the panel and choose preferences, click 'applets' then scroll down the "available applets" list to "weather Applet" and drag it down to the "active Applets" section (you can change its position on the panel etc here, play around till your happy). You should now see it on the panel and can close the AWN Settings window, right click it on the panel and choose 'Preferences' then enter your location etc.

Screenshot from 2016-08-15 22-21-45.png

Good luck as I haven't been able to get it working for some time now and some other weather apps I was using stopped at around the same time but this maybe due to my location (Melbourne Australia) or such. It was a nice app when it was working.
Let us know if it works for you please.