This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] change year display format from Thai to normal

KKBill

Mon Aug 15, 2016 8:46:44 am

[quote][/quote]I am in north eastern Thailand and just did a fresh install of ZorinOS11. I know this product's support life has ended but it was the only OS I had on a USB to work with.

Installation was fast and smooth. My first order of business was to add Thunderbird mail client. Once that was done I began adding some of my email accounts to Thunderbird. This also ran smoothly until I noticed the message dates which should have looked something like this Wed Aug 10, 2016 but came out Wed Aug 10, 2559 which is the Thai Buddha year format. I thought this was a Gmail problem picking up my IP address so I went there directly to check but found all the dates in the normal way, i.e "2016". Next I tried using Geary mail, The 2016 displays but all the months were displayed in Thai script.

Just a minute ago while trying to click on the Settings button on the top bar [I'm using GNOME2 look] I hit the calendar instead. The month names as well as the names of the days are all in Thai.

Did I miss something on the install/do something wrong? Can this be corrected post installation? or i it better to just reinstall?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

KKBill

Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:26:05 am

SOLVED IT MYSELF - Settings/Language Support then select desired language under both the Language and the Regional Formats tabs Close Settings and Reboot.

KKBill

Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:28:02 am

Question Solved