This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[CLOSED] Minecraft - 5 FPS while trying Zorin

FlamyFire

Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:49:19 am

So I just put Zorin OS on a USB drive and booted from it on my PC. I made sure that I have Java 7. I downloaded Minecraft and ran the game, but I only get around 5 FPS in the game when usually on this computer, I get 100+. This has never happened on my PC before, I'm not sure what is happening. Also, I'm very new to Linux itself, so I'm not really familiar with how to use it so I am a noobie with this.

Swarfendor437

Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:07:00 pm

Whenever you are running any Operatiing System via a USB stick in 'Live Mode' it is running in memory (RAM) so will always run slowly compared to a hard drive installation. ;) :D

FlamyFire

Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:24:33 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Whenever you are running any Operatiing System via a USB stick in 'Live Mode' it is running in memory (RAM) so will always run slowly compared to a hard drive installation. ;) :D
Sorry for the late response. Thank you, I've tried installing the OS and making sure I have the right drivers. The problem gone.