This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

the beginning of the week

Hensyr Wolf

Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:42:02 am

The beginning of the week falls on Monday in Zorin OS 9 Core.
Can we change that?
I like the beginning of the week at Sunday.

If you open the calendar you can see that each week starts on Monday, is there a possibility that we can change this so that the week starts on Sunday

This is a question that was put to the Zorin OS Dutch Community Forum.
I can not immediately give an answer because I do not know, so I put it over here on this forum.

Yours sincerely,
Hensyr Wolf

Swarfendor437

Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:38:28 am

Hi Hensyr, Sadly not a lot can be done in this regard having done a search on 'Ubuntu' in search engine. Ironically in earlier versions Sunday was the default and most people wanted it to be changed to Monday. The only workaround, which is not ideal, is to change locale to US who generally start their Calendars on the correct first day of the week, Sunday. ;)

Swarfendor437

Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:15:37 pm

Hi Hensyr, Not a solution but an alternative is to install 'gdesklets' and install the calendar for it via 'Synaptic Package Manager':

Calendar.jpg

As you can see from the screenshot, this is one calendar that you can modify! :D

Swarfendor437

Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:46:29 pm

An alternative would be to install the Cinammon Desktop on Zorin 9 which I did do with instructions here:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9795#p48996

and more stable in 9 than 11 - My Cinammon Calendar Screenshot on Zorin 11 - this is integrated in the panel:

Cinammon Calendar.jpg