This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[MOVED] Assassin Creed 2 Installation

flowerian

Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:17:12 pm

Hello to everyone!
I need help installing Assassin's Creed 2 on Zorin OS 9 Core.
I have original game disk with the serial code.
Tried installing with PlayOnLinux, no success.
Tried also with instructions from this link : http://www.gamersonlinux.com/forum/thre ... guide.336/
Result - after the "Launching Assassin's Creed II" section as described, I get stuck on the Uplay getting updates, and from there on nothing.
What shall I do?
(I tried searching another similar topic, but it didn't find any, so please don't move it.)

Swarfendor437

Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:26:53 pm

Please be advised that posting in the wrong section can lead to a temporary ban - persistence will end up with a permanent ban! ;) :D

You need to check 'wine configuration' - 'configure wine' in the Wine sub menu.

As you can see the default is set to run under Windows XP fake environment - try changing this to Windows 8 as per screenshots;

winecfg.jpg

winecfg2.jpg

Then take a look here

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... 4d6?auth=1

- this could be an issue - see if you can get the Direct X installed for the game:

Libraries.jpg

flowerian

Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:26:27 am

[quote="Swarfendor437"]Please be advised that posting in the wrong section can lead to a temporary ban - persistence will end up with a permanent ban! ;) :D

Before everything else, thank you for the answer and the spent time searching for articles about my topic.
Afterwards, I am posting in the "installation" section - because I cannot INSTALL it due to problems with installation.
Where do I have to post it then so that it doesn't get moved?

Swarfendor437

Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:48:22 pm

Installation refers to the INSTALL OF ZORIN - NOT apps! ;)