This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

need help and Question

dragenxx

Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:17:35 pm

Just found your OS and like it a lot but I can not get it to install on a Toshiba Satellite A105 - S2194 I try both lite and core it has ATI graphics so I try installing it on a old Acer netbook and had no problem installing it Like to know is there any way to get it installed on the Toshiba laptop. and another question I was going install it on a dell laptop running Windows 10 but went I did it was to do full remove of windows Did not see any thing about doing a duel boot So I guess you can't run your OS on a Windows 10 in duel boot unless I boot it on the USB flash I have and run it that way

Swarfendor437

Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:56:16 pm

OK, Firstly if your Toshiba does not have an Intel i3/i5/i7 processor it will not install unless you modify the boot command at start and enter 'forcepae' (PAE=Physical Address Extension) - you may also need to add, spaced out:

Code:
acpi=off noapic nolapic nomodest xforcevesa

As for Win10 issue you will need to let Win10 shrink your Windows volume (partition), turn off fast boot and enable 'legacy' mode in the BIOS and in hidden power options of Win10 the hard drive 'sleep' mode or you won't even get your USB to boot! You may want to create an Existing booting USB using Ruffs - search for it. For partitioning search my posts on dual booting with Win10 as it is now time for bed. :-)