This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Support for Intel 8260 card in Core 9?

ZorinedOut

Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:32:00 pm

Hi all,

I recently discovered Zorin OS, and installed the light version on an old "bricked" XP laptop and I am very happy with it.

I purchased a dell optiplex 7040, that came with W10, but I wanted to install Zorin core 9. The optiplex includes an intel 8260 integrated network card, and I can't get the wired or wireless connection to happen. I am able to connect via a generic USB wireless card just fine, but appears that the drivers in CORE 9 do not support the 8260 card.

I have done all the available updates with the USB wireless card. Any suggestions on how to make it work with the integrated card? I am assuming it is a drivers issue, but I am new to linux. I can follow "recipes" but can't cook by myself :)

Swarfendor437

Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:53:37 pm

It would appear to be a kernel issue - I am not up-to-speed on Zorin 9 as still using Zorin 11 Ultimate here. Basically what i am saying is I don't know if Zorin has ever updated to 14.04.4 as a fork of Ubuntu 14.04:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/738943/i ... tu-14-04-3

ZorinedOut

Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:38:43 am

Thx. I read somewhere on the forum here that I should not update the kernel to 4 on zorin 9, because it isn't designed for it. What is the latest kernel ok for 9?

Swarfendor437

Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:47:37 am

Hi, that is a question you need to ask the Devs? I'm a mere Moderator. ;)

ZorinedOut

Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:36:45 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, that is a question you need to ask the Devs? I'm a mere Moderator. ;)

Do the devs spend any time here? Or where would it be appropriate to ask that question?

Swarfendor437

Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:46:23 pm

The devs (AZorin and zorink) are working hard to get a working final release of Zorin 12 - you could PM them or email using the 'Contact' link here:

http://zorinos.com/contacts.html