This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Many Compiz windows effects are missing

davea0511

Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:40:49 pm

After install I went into compizConfig to add the effect animation of "exploding" for closing windows. It isn't there, in fact about half of the animations that are normally available in compiz are missing. I tried to reinstall all the plug packages but still not there. The latest version of Manjaro I noticed had them included, but not for Zorin. Any idea how to get them? Thanks!

davea0511

Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:24:34 pm

FYI ... I learned there's something called compiz-reloaded (https://github.com/compiz-reloaded), which includes all the effects and is actually a fork of v0.8 (the official compiz team is 0.9 and represents a total rewrite in C++, from C). I installed it an messed up zorin enough to have to reinstall zorin. Sad.

It comes standard in the latest Manjaro though, if you want to switch to another OS designed for non-linux people. As for me I think I'll stick with Zorin for now. Who knows maybe the new version might include the old effects at some time in the future. Many effects were considered a waste but I think some effects like exploding or burn windows (for the close event) were quite popular and who knows ... might come back.