This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

close, maximise an unmaximise

SonnyLiverpool

Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:34:42 am

hi all, i need a little help!!

ive seemed to have lost the top bar of the pge with the close, maximise an unmaximise icons!!
so now to close a page i have to right click on the icon in the bottom an close it that way

i am running zorin os9 ultimate

thanks

Swarfendor437

Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:21:54 pm

Hi, try this. Menu | System Tools | Preferences | Compiz configuration Settings Manager. Look for Window Decorations unchecked then re-elect (tick) the box. Keep us posted. ;-)

SonnyLiverpool

Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:58:09 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Hi, try this. Menu | System Tools | Preferences | Compiz configuration Settings Manager. Look for Window Decorations unchecked then re-elect (tick) the box. Keep us posted. ;-)

spot on mate! its a pain in the a** without them!!!

do you know of any good threads or tut on the 3D cude? cant get mine working

thanks a lot

Swarfendor437

Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:40:21 pm

Do you have a dedicated graphics card or is it part of the motherboard? It could be a graphics memory issue? Go back to where I said before but this time go to 'Desktop' make sure 'Desktop Cube' and 'Rotate Cube' are checked - then you should be good to go - control the cube by either:

1. Ctrl+ Alt+ Left or Right Arrow (cursor keys);

2. Left Ctrl+ Alt+ hold down left mouse button whilst moving the mouse.

;) :D

SonnyLiverpool

Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:33:56 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Do you have a dedicated graphics card or is it part of the motherboard? It could be a graphics memory issue? Go back to where I said before but this time go to 'Desktop' make sure 'Desktop Cube' and 'Rotate Cube' are checked - then you should be good to go - control the cube by either:

1. Ctrl+ Alt+ Left or Right Arrow (cursor keys);

2. Left Ctrl+ Alt+ hold down left mouse button whilst moving the mouse.

;) :D

thanks mate sorted it