This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Installation Ultimate 12

Denisjuk

Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:53:41 am

Installation Zorin Ultimate 12 comes to an end with a mistake (Ubiquity).
characteristics of the computer:
zorin@zorin:~$ inxi -F
System: Host: zorin Kernel: 4.4.0-47-generic x86_64 (64 bit)
Desktop: Gnome 3.18.5 Distro: Zorin 12 xenial
Machine: Mobo: ASUSTeK model: P5GC-MX/1333 v: Rev x.xx
Bios: American Megatrends v: 0312 date: 01/30/2008
CPU: Dual core Intel Core2 Duo E6550 (-MCP-) cache: 4096 KB
clock speeds: max: 2331 MHz 1: 2331 MHz 2: 1998 MHz
Graphics: Card: Intel 82945G/GZ Integrated Graphics Controller
Display Server: X.Org 1.18.4 driver: N/A
Resolution: 1920x1080@60.00hz
GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel 945G GLX Version: 1.4 Mesa 11.2.0
Audio: Card Intel NM10/ICH7 Family High Definition Audio Controller
driver: snd_hda_intel
Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture v: k4.4.0-47-generic
Network: Card: Realtek RTL8169 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver: r8169
IF: enp1s1 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full
mac: 00:e0:53:16:ea:67
Drives: HDD Total Size: 87.9GB (18.7% used)
ID-1: /dev/sda model: WDC_WD800JB size: 80.0GB
ID-2: USB /dev/sdb model: Cruzer_Blade size: 7.8GB
Partition: ID-1: / size: 996M used: 398M (40%) fs: overlay dev: N/A
ID-2: swap-1 size: 2.05GB used: 0.44GB (21%) fs: swap dev: /dev/sda1
RAID: No RAID devices: /proc/mdstat, md_mod kernel module present
Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 30.0C mobo: N/A
Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: 1730 sys-1: 0
Info: Processes: 228 Uptime: 34 min Memory: 481.7/1991.7MB
Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 2.2.35
zorin@zorin:~$

what it is possible to make to correct an error?

Swarfendor437

Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:40:04 pm

Your screenshot was removed as it was linked to inappropriate website! Back in due course to provide some help.

OK. First things first:
1. What Browser did you use to download the .iso and where did you download from? Also did you use a Download Accelerator Manager? Such apps can corrupt the .iso image that is being downloaded.

2. Did you check the md5sum of the downloaded image before using your Cruiser Blade USB memory stick?

3. Did you ensure that the hard drive you were installing to was 'unmounted'?

4. How did you create the bootable media to install Zorin 12?

AZorin

Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:51:04 pm

Hi Denisjuk!
We're pleased to let you know that we've fixed the installation issue. You can download the fixed version of Zorin OS 12 Ultimate from the download link in the email we originally sent you after the purchase was made.
Our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience.
We hope you'll enjoy using Zorin OS!

Technical information about the issue:
The installation issue was caused by a regression in an updated version of the apt package introduced by the Ubuntu maintainers (the base system of Zorin OS). While the regression only affected the installer, we have deployed the patched version of the apt package into the Zorin OS repositories, so all Zorin OS users are running the most stable version of apt available.

blfriis

Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:55:53 pm

Hi I got the same message at the end. I have windows 7 and Ubuntu mate and now zorin os 12. My grub was gone and when I rebooted I got a message saying grub rescue. Then i used Boot repair and it saved windows and mate but the new zorin os 12 appear too and it runs smoothly.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/boot-repair-cd/

SoftHeart

Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:58:38 am

I've tried every conceivable manner of installing the new Zorin 12 Ultimate and I get the same Grub Rescue prompt with no way to fix it. I tried the "Boot-Repair" without success. I was able to completely remove the Grub boot loader, which makes for a flawless install of the Beta version. I have no doubt the Zorin team is on this issue, and hope they have a fix in the works, or on the way. I await.

Swarfendor437

Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:13:18 pm

SoftHeart wrote:I've tried every conceivable manner of installing the new Zorin 12 Ultimate and I get the same Grub Rescue prompt with no way to fix it. I tried the "Boot-Repair" without success. I was able to completely remove the Grub boot loader, which makes for a flawless install of the Beta version. I have no doubt the Zorin team is on this issue, and hope they have a fix in the works, or on the way. I await.

Hi, please start your own thread as the OP to the best of our knowsledge is sorted. If you have Ultimate you should get Premium Support. Thanks. ;) :D

SoftHeart

Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:18:11 am

if you know how to start a thread, please feel free to do so, as I do not. (Very lucky I got here!) I have this page/site saved on my desktop as a link. (dragged and dropped from address bar.) Otherwise, I do not know how I got here.
As for a new thread, what's that? I paid for my copy yes, but there is no support link other than this blog.

Swarfendor437

Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:45:57 pm

Just go to Help and Support and click on the 'New Topic' button - that will open a new thread for you. ;) :D