This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Upgrading Zorin OS 11 to 12

lucaszorin

Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:48:27 pm

Hello, Zorin!

I had a problem installing the version 12 of Zorin OS, It failed in Ubiquity package installation. So I installed the version 11. Can I update it as I upgrade in Ubuntu using 'sudo apt-get dist-upgrade'? I tried it but It only update the Linux kernel. I want to upgrade Zorin OS 11 to version 12.

PS.: I checked the checksums before install it in a pendrive. Other issue I had trying to install Zorin was in version 11 installing it without internet, it failed in grub installation.

Swarfendor437

Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:55:58 am

Hi, turns out there was an issue with apt and Zorin have since released a correct is. I like you, once held the mistaken belief that 'dist-upgrade' updates Zorin - it doesn't, just as in Ubuntu. What it does is look at what apps need updating to match the upgraded kernel to prevent crashes etc. You can't upgrade from 11 to 12 directly. Please read Wolfman's excellent post-install guide in particular the section on upgrades.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9785

lucaszorin

Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:19:08 am

Hi Swafendor437, thanks for reply! I will check it out, thanks!