This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin 12 64-bit Ultimate flies..but.. [Solved]

Socretes

Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:30:53 am

Just installed Zorin 12 Ultimate..and it flies (64-bit I7 machine with a Samsung 850 Pro SSD & 500 GB HD). Very fast Startup/Shutdown of system and apps.

However, Unetbootn, once installed from Zorin's software installer, doesn't work..only displays a blank window.

Any ideas why?

star treker

Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:35:54 am

I agree with you about Zorin flying like a Lamborgini sports car hehe. I say its so fast, you load up Chromium, and as long as your net is not slow as a snail and a slug on a sidewalk, pages literally load as instant is electricity being sent to a light bulb. hehe. I downloaded Unetbootin because I was going to use it to create my USB stick with the Zorin OS 12 Ultimate 64-bit installation. However, no options were available in the list for it, so I chose not to use it, which I think was a smart move, because even Swarf doesn't recommend Unetbootin either.

Zorin recommends Etcher as the go to program for creating your USB installer. I used Etcher and it worked perfectly! So thats my recommendations as well. You want my advice, uninstall Unetbootin before it finds a way to gain AI sentients and toast your computer. JK LOL :D

Socretes

Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:04:42 am

Thanks for the advice. How do I find Etcher? Can't see it in Zorin's software or in Synaptic? Sudo commands will do

star treker

Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:16:36 am

It was found by going to Zorin's website, then followed by the help page, then followed by help with installation page. Then you have to scroll down a long ways to find it, as Zorin does their instructions in order, as they should do. To make it easy, here is the direct link to Etchers site with the download link on it...

https://etcher.io/

Swarfendor437

Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:35:08 pm

Warning! It did not work for me in Windows 7. I suspect because it uses app data the system prevented it from accessing it. This was a big security issue with Thunderbird making Windows insecure. If you have GNU/Linux the USB creation tool you need is MultiSystem and NOTHING else!