This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Panel stuck on top

kdfletcher01

Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:04:42 am

Zorin 12 , system hung while installing hardinfo. The screen blanked out and when the picture returned the panel had moved from the bottom to the top. Tried to use the setting to refresh and change the position back to the bottom but nothing works. Any advice as to how I might get the panel back down to the bottom?

Swarfendor437

Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:08:28 am

Have you tried changing Zorin appearance then back to original?

star treker

Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:09:03 am

Did you install hard Info using the Synaptic Package Manager? I ask because when I used Synaptic to install Hard Info, I did not have any problems. I agree with Swarf, try to return Zorin appearence back to defaults and then change it back to what you want and that might correct the problem. :)

kdfletcher01

Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:29:37 pm

I did try using Zorin appearance to change and then go back. As for the install of hardinfo , I installed it just as described. Used Synaptic Manager to install but as soon as the install finished the desktop disappeared and then came back ( like a restart of session) and the panel moved from the bottom to the top. I have tried the Zorin Apperance to reset it, tried a system restart. Until I can figure it out, I created a new log in profile and use that one.