This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Silverlight won't work for second user

brainshower

Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:46:10 am

After a dozen or so tries I finally got Silverlight to. work and Netflix to play under my login.
When I try a different login Netflix looks for Silverlight.
How do I get it to work for the different user?
Zorin 9 Lite. Help is appreciated

Swarfendor437

Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:47:41 pm

Does the second user have 'root' privileges? Also check k the permissions tab of the shortcut! ;) :D

qnarkill

Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:08:03 pm

Have you ran the pipelight-plugin --enable pluginname with sudo, if not its just the user who will have the enabled plugin?

Swarfendor437

Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:33:59 pm

qnarkill wrote:Have you ran the pipelight-plugin --enable pluginname with sudo, if not its just the user who will have the enabled plugin?

Hi qnarkill, Netflix won't work with pipelight-plugin; but am prepared to be corrected! ;) :D

brainshower

Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:54:02 pm

Swarfendor457, 2nd User does not have root priveldges. I dont know how to check permissions tab.
I tried enabling Silverlight using su, and it and it was enabled but still get the Netflix system requirements for HTML5 Player and Silverlight page

Swarfendor437

Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:07:12 am

brainshower

Mon Nov 28, 2016 2:42:06 am

Added 2nd user to sudo group, but this still did not allow access to Netflix. Getting frustrated.

Swarfendor437

Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:06:17 pm

Hi try the suggestions here? Please take time to read through it entirely:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/7477/how ... mmand-line

qnarkill

Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:30:10 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:
qnarkill wrote:Have you ran the pipelight-plugin --enable pluginname with sudo, if not its just the user who will have the enabled plugin?

Hi qnarkill, Netflix won't work with pipelight-plugin; but am prepared to be corrected! ;) :D

True that, my bad. Hbo needs it not nflix.

brainshower

Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:04:02 pm

Thank you Swarfendor437. I had tried that but for some reason had trouble. I eventually deleted the second user and re added her as a new user, whom I gave admin priveledges. I then followed instructions to add Silverlight using pipeline. I then added a Firefox addon to fix problems with Netflix. Finally after re booting and logging in I went into Wine and clicked on Silverlight to agree to terms. I'm going from last night's memory so can't list step by step, but finally it works

star treker

Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:57:25 pm

Believe me I understand your frustrations. I never could get anything to work other then downloading Google Chrome browser itself, and once I logged into Netflix, I could stream off of Google Chrome just fine. And to me thats the easiest solution. Have it installed on each account, shouldn't be a problem. ;)