This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

CheckSums do not match

vitaraq

Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:18:20 pm

Purchased the latest ultimate edition, cannot get correct checksum though. Have downloaded numerous time from all the mirrors. Anyone know if this matters?

Swarfendor437

Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:48:51 pm

What checksum do you have? What browser did you use? Did you use a Download Accelerator Manager? - this last item is known as a reason for corrupting downloads. ;) :D

Oh and how did you check the checksum?

star treker

Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:55:21 pm

Use Quick hash to test archive, use Sha256 radio option. Checksum on Zorins help on installation page.

vitaraq

Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:04:49 pm

Hi, Used Chrome and Firefox browsers, no download accelerators. 7babeb234b2aef9ec1815747d85a971a3e4f277c2ad40bba249362d93f16a3fb is the checksum i am getting, this is using quick hash.
Regards

ian4238

Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:15:14 pm

I had a problem rather like this. I had downloaded the 64bit version of Zorin 12, and wanted to change my PC from 32bit in Zorin 9. As I kept getting the wrong checksum, in the end I gave up and downloaded the 32bit version, which gave the correct answer. Zorin 12 is now all installed and working. I found the instructions for QuickHash confusing, and did not offer "Select File". Eventually it gave the checksum of every file in my downloads, including Zorin 12 ( had to let it work away quietly for about 10minutes). I also used the recommended 'Etcher' for making a bootable USB drive, rather than 'Unetbootin' that I have used successfully in the past.

star treker

Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:35:23 pm

Your right, that checksum does not seem to match what is on the site. How long does it take to download the OS for you? Also, were you or anyone else doing things on the net while the file was being downloaded? Were you gaming while downloading the file on the same computer?

When I downloaded the OS, I used Firefox. I have a 29MB internet connection which is stable. And neither I nor anyone in my house was on the net at the time, and nor was I using my computer for anything else, so as not to disturb the download. My computer suspend mode was disabled, again so as not to interfere with the download process.

I also did the download at night time, around midnight, knowing that would be a time when most people in our town would be off the net and off to sleep lol. Just remember, when you select the downloaded archive in Quick Hash, that your on the right tab where you then choose the radio button option Sha256 when testing. If none of your downloaded files pass verification, I suggest downloading again.

Swarfendor437

Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:39:06 pm

If you have a GNU/Linux OS installed already and have K3b disc burner, that app checks your iso's hash key! ;) :D