This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Zorin 12: Menu -> Software Install minor error

Socretes

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:11:57 am

Firstly: Congrads on a great version (from a veteran of v.6,7,9) ! Certainly faster and more professional with its looks and feel. It's speed at least blows the competition away!

However, when I select Software install from the menu..a window appears stating: 'Sorry this did not work: no file_to_app results to show. Upon clicking [close] ..it does in fact proceed to the Software selection menu.

Just a minor (albeit mildly-irritating issue).

Any clues on what to do?

~ [Solved] ..not exactly sure how..but it isn't making same error now. ..thanks ppls

star treker

Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:11:16 am

While your waiting on Swarf to answer your question, I thought I would have you check your OS for updates. There have been some new updates to the OS since it was first released. Once your OS has been updated, I recommend restarting your computer. Then try again and see if you have access to the software center.

Swarfendor437

Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:42:00 pm

But before updating, change the source to the 'Main Server' - see the start of my thread on 'Post Install guide to 12 - bit by bit' under Global Announcements. ;) :D

Socretes

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:40:11 pm

Thanks for that..but I had already set it as Main. In case it makes a difference..I had to choose to Update ..before I was able to click on the popup [settings] to get to that screen to change back to Main. When I updated again..same thing as above.

Tried shutting down PC and updating again..in case I had to..still same thing.

Socretes

Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:44:42 pm

star treker wrote:While your waiting on Swarf to answer your question, I thought I would have you check your OS for updates. There have been some new updates to the OS since it was first released. Once your OS has been updated, I recommend restarting your computer. Then try again and see if you have access to the software center.

Ok sounds plausible. what is the sudo command to do it please (or is there a menu way)? Sudo apt-get install dist-upgrade?

Swarfendor437

Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:17:02 am

To update after installation:

Code:
sudo apt-get update

If added packages after new kernel update so that packages are updated to match the new kernel:

Code:
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
:D