This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Rhythmbox music player "Preferences" missing?

JdeP

Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:09:10 am

According to the official help page here https://help.gnome.org/users/rhythmbox/ ... ze.html.en I should be able to adjust my preferences from the "Edit" -> "Preferences" dialog.

But it does not seem to be available. Has it been disabled/removed in Zorin?

star treker

Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:33:55 am

I have Zorin OS 12 Ultimate 64-bit OS installed on my machine, I launched Rythmbox to take a look. I went to edit, then preferences, and the preferences dialog popped up. Try restarting your computer then launching the app again and see if the preferences dialog pops up for you, it might also be hidden behind the main window, so check that just incase. If you still don't get the dialog, then you might need to reinstall rythmbox.

JdeP

Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:27:24 am

Thanks for the suggestion. I've now tried uninstalling, restarting, and re-installing, but it has made no difference.
I am using Zorin Core 12 on a 32-bit system.

Swarfendor437

Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:32:14 pm

Have you updated your system after installing via the terminal?:

Code:
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

If memory serves correctly, your kernel gets updated and the 'dist-upgrade' looks for upgrades in applications that need to be compliant with the new kernel - it is NOT a distribution upgrade 'per se'. (which is what I thought at one point!) ;) :D

JdeP

Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:40:44 pm

I don't think it's a kernel or distro upgrade issue, but I ran that command anyway and got:
"0 to upgrade, 0 to newly install, 0 to remove and 0 not to upgrade."

Swarfendor437

Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:43:16 pm

OK, thanks for the quick feedback - I will try and install 12 32-bit core at some point and see if I get similar issue. ;) :D

Swarfendor437

Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:30:04 pm

OK, broke the rules on this download! I have discovered an app in both Deepin 15.x and Makulu Lindoz 12 1.42 64-bit that does not corrupt downloaded isos - FlareGet - and used to burn Zorin 12 Core that I am responding with now in Live mode - preferences is in that tiny cog, top left - did you try that?:

RhythmBoxPreferences.jpg

star treker

Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:11:48 am

You are awesome Swarf, look at that! :D I knew you would get Zorin running eventually cause your awesome that way, and wow that desktop looks mighty fine. But I tweaked mine to look more fine hehe :D