This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] unexpected desktop change

Matoo125

Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:37:07 am

Hello I was using casually Zorin OS. I had opened sublime, some folder and chrome browser. Then my desktop froze and went blank. Then I saw some terminal which wanted me to log in. After few seconds it loaded my desktop again. But this time it looked like fedora. I tried to change it in settings back, restarted and now I have the old desktop look again, but it is up on the top. How can I get it back down? thanks.
oh and Do you have an idea what have happened?

Swarfendor437

Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:28:39 pm

I suspect a glitch in the system - is this Zorin 12 Beta or Final Release? Go to Zorin Appearance in Menu | System Tools | Settings and try changing the appearance to a different theme and then back again.

Matoo125

Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:56:58 pm

I already found solution somewhere on the forum

I made two things
1. I have installed chrome and chrome beta and I was getting error like this while apt-get update
Code:
W: Target Packages (main/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome-beta.list:3 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:3
W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome-beta.list:3 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:3
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome-beta.list:3 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:3
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome-beta.list:3 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:3
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome-beta.list:3 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:3
W: Target DEP-11-icons (main/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome-beta.list:3 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:3
W: Target Packages (main/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome-beta.list:3 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:3
W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome-beta.list:3 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:3
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en_US) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome-beta.list:3 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:3
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome-beta.list:3 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:3
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome-beta.list:3 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:3
W: Target DEP-11-icons (main/dep11/icons-64x64.tar) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome-beta.list:3 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:3

I solved this by editing /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome-beta.list and commenting content (thanks to askubuntu)

2. I followed this advice viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12374 -> installed tweak tool and turned on zorin panel.

Now it works fine.

Swarfendor437

Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:44:26 pm

Hi thanks for keeping us updated and thanks for sharing your solution - 60 blue jewels to you friend! Have marked as [SOLVED].