This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Zorin 12 new install

mrvgstrat

Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:44:06 pm

New install of Zorin 12 works great, except only reads flash drives will not permit writing to or deleting files. Properties states msdos file system. Cannot change permissions. All other zorin versions I have installed flash drive worksfine. Need help...tnx

Swarfendor437

Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:49:38 pm

I think you may have either some dodgy flash drives or dodgy install. I have just deleted the 8 Gb partition on a Kingston Memory (thumb/flash drive), created a new one and copied some files to it without any issue! ;) :D

mrvgstrat

Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:06:07 pm

Problem solved. It was flash drive after all. Different flash drives seem to work OK. Tnx for advice.....Zorin 12 best version yet....

star treker

Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:34:02 pm

Beware of fake flash drives! Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT buy flash drives on Ebay. Many sellers on their know they are selling counterfeit flash drives, they do it anyways to make money of of your ignorance, and they don't care about your data. I strongly recommend that you buy flash drives from Newegg from now on. While I do trust Amazon somewhat, I trust Newegg 100%, they have never let me down yet. So ya, be careful where you buy them. Use a program like H2test to test flash drives for validity.

Swarfendor437

Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:16:47 pm

Hi, It could be a Kingston error or an issue with USB but what I have discovered whilst attempting to create a MultiSystem bootable flash drive is that it won't work if an external USB hard drive is also connected! ;) :D

star treker

Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:44:02 am

Also a disclaimer: Make sure that all flash drives are formatted FAT32 before using Etcher or some other program to place the ISO installer onto the flash drive.