This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Trackpad not working

plrin

Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:04:39 pm

Hello,

I recently installed zorin 12 32 bit core
Off the bat wifi does not seem to work even when i tried to install the drivers for the card ( intel 5100)

The track pad while i could move the cursor i cannot ''tap'' to ''click'' on items it doesn't work with this new verzion of zorin
For reference i am using a lenovo x100e laptop

Any assistance is appreciated

Swarfendor437

Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:03:02 pm

Hi, can you install synaptic package manager please from Software and then search for 'Synaptics'. Keep us posted.

star treker

Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:23:26 am

Setting up WIFI is a difficulty because of a bug in Ubuntu 16.04, which Zorin OS 12 is based off of. There is a solution I've been told, but I haven't needed to use my notebook's WIFI adapter, since I use it as a desktop and keep the ethernet cable plugged in. However, I should be able to help you to get your tap to click to functioning.

Click on the lovely Zorin logo on the bottom panel, then click on settings. Now find and click on Mouse & Trackpad. Once the dialog window pops up, look at the bottom of the window, you should see a box that says tap to click, make sure to put a check mark in that box. Now you should be styling with tap to click.

Hope this helps :)

Swarfendor437

Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:28:19 pm

plrin

Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:26:08 am

thank you for the trackpad issue i am now using zorin 12 os as my main on a laptop.
However i scrapped using the lenovo laptop because that one had too many issues installing wifi drivers etc.. I don't know exactly why but lenovo laptops are always a pain to deal with in linux for me.

Also a little off topic, but any news on when zorin 12 lite would release? I have an old eee pc laptop ( 701) which uses like an 800-900 mhz processor. I can't use core on it because the hardware is too low but zorin 9 lite works quite fine. I am hoping zorin 12 lite will be compatible with that old laptop because i still like using it .

the old eee pc is limited on what i can put as an OS. it came with a cheap verion of xandros linux which was too limited. The only operating systems that i have been able to use on the 701 without hiccups or noticeable lag have been lxle and zorin 9 32 bit lite. The newer 16.04 lxle runs a bit laggy, i think this may be the same case for zorin 12 lite since it will be based of 16.04.

Swarfendor437

Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:55:41 pm

Hi, take a look at some other lightweight distros such as quelitu, solydx community i386 stable edition, slitaz in respect of Lite - thanks for getting back to us re your dumping of Lenovo. ;) :D

plrin

Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:48:59 am

where exactly would i find the ''software center'' in zorin 12 core

I don't see it in the menu

i wanted to download other linux apps like bleachbit but couldn't find the software center

Swarfendor437

Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:28:05 am

It is now just Software on right side of menu.