This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Unable to easily add icons to the desktop in Zorin OS 12?

Adrint

Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:56:58 am

I remember fiddling around with Zorin OS here and there a few years ago, and then sort of forgetting about it. I heard of the Zorin OS 12 release, and decided to give it a shot, and so far, I'm fairly impressed! There's just one minor issue: There seems to be no way to easily add application icons to the desktop (short of adding configuration files to ~/desktop). Right clicking, middle clicking all appear to simply launch applications that the cursor is hovering over in the application menu. Perhaps I'm missing something? Any suggestions or information would be appriciated. Thanks!

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Swarfendor437

Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:12:02 pm

Adrint

Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:27:22 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:http://zoringroup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12503&hilit=+Icons#p55165

That's a much simpler way to do it! Thanks! Though I'm not sure if my less experienced friends would enjoy having to do this much either. In the future I might recommend adding some sort of right-click functionality to the application menu.

Swarfendor437

Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:45:45 pm