This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Click on Title Bar to make window Active OS 12

MBMz10

Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:30:43 am

Zorin OS 12 Ultimate 64 bit, seems that I have to click on the 'title bar' to make the window active. Clicking anywhere else on the window does not 'bring it to the front'.
My other OS 12 installs do not behave the same way. I can't find a setting for this. Have tried changing desktop layouts, rebooting. Anyone got any ideas?

Lin66

Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:50:56 am

Did you somehow changed something while doing a new install?

It just seem weird given you installed the version 12 OS other times without any issues. You may just want to wipe and reinstall the OS altogether.

MBMz10

Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:19:37 am

Lin66 wrote:Did you somehow changed something while doing a new install?

It just seem weird given you installed the version 12 OS other times without any issues. You may just want to wipe and reinstall the OS altogether.

Don't recall doing anything differently during install other than I intended to make this a 'daily driver' so didn't make too many changes or try to butcher it in any way, lol.
As far a wiping and reinstalling go, I have already spent some time setting up this for daily use and really want to avoid that if I can. This is partly why I install and test in different environments first. Also I think the issue just started a day or so ago?, or maybe that's just when I noticed it!?

Hopefully someone will know what it is and how to fix :)

Lin66

Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:29:57 am

MBMz10 wrote:Don't recall doing anything differently during install other than I intended to make this a 'daily driver' so didn't make too many changes or try to butcher it in any way, lol.
As far a wiping and reinstalling go, I have already spent some time setting up this for daily use and really want to avoid that if I can. This is partly why I install and test in different environments first. Also I think the issue just started a day or so ago?, or maybe that's just when I noticed it!?

Hopefully someone will know what it is and how to fix :)

It could be very much so that you just didn't notice it until you really intended to use the expected features.

As for reinstalling I seen if you partition your storage correctly (I read a / partition for the OS, and a separate /home partition) should mitigate everything doing reinstalls/update the OS. Leaving you just having to be concerned with reinstalling the applications themselves. Leaving your personal configurations and data intact at least what I heard about such partitioning scheme. The full details of doing this can be found here http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/upgrade-sw ... ing-files/

MBMz10

Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:54:15 am

Looks like a bin job. Made a video of the behavior if you want to see it. Zorin support recommended install video drivers, no change. Think it has had major internal hiccup

https://youtu.be/EO0SGJgeXdw