This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Wallpaper / backround not correct resolution

agiacoio@yahoo.com

Mon Dec 19, 2016 1:39:53 pm

I installed Zorin OS 12 on my Macbook Pro 2013 Retina, not running any Mac OS at all. Everything runs great except for one thing - the wallpaper / background. After I changed the resolution to 1440x900 when ever I reboot the wallpaper / background shows up in the left 1/4 of the screen and the rest of the 3/4 screen is white. Does not matter what wallpaper / background I use this always happens.

Any ideas?

Swarfendor437

Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:11:58 pm

agiacoio@yahoo.com

Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:23:25 pm

Probably not as my graphics card is Intel Iris Graphics

qnarkill

Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:49:34 pm

Do you have multiple displays connected?

Can you run in tty and post here the findings
xrandr -q

and

lshw -c display

edit: or could it be that you just have the wallpaper set to
which one you have?

Swarfendor437

Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:50:16 pm

qnarkill wrote:Do you have multiple displays connected?

Can you run in tty and post here the findings
xrandr -q

and

lshw -c display

edit: or could it be that you just have the wallpaper set to
which one you have?

Hi qnarkill, there is an issue with Macbooks and Ubuntu/derivatives - it's a notebook not a Desktop. ;) :D

star treker

Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:45:01 am

You know what sucks about notebooks? Is there **** poor resolution screens. I didn't get no tiny little notebook, my notebook has a 17.3 inch display, and even still the native resolution for the screen is something like 1366 by whatever the f***. Was it so hard to install an HD screen into a notebook? I guess it was, thank goodness I use it as a desktop on a 47 inch LED 1080P screen!

Lin66

Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:48:29 am

star treker wrote:You know what sucks about notebooks? Is there **** poor resolution screens. I didn't get no tiny little notebook, my notebook has a 17.3 inch display, and even still the native resolution for the screen is something like 1366 by whatever the f***. Was it so hard to install an HD screen into a notebook? I guess it was, thank goodness I use it as a desktop on a 47 inch LED 1080P screen!

That is HUGE even by my standards. At least it dual as a decent sized TV if you wanted to which probably justifies spending the premium it likely came for.

star treker

Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:51:30 am

I should have clarified, the 47" screen is a TV ;) And if you think that is big, wait till you see the 60" plasma TV in the living room, and couple that with a 5.1 surround sound system, its like having a theater inside your house. I have absolutely no reason to go to the actual theater and get ripped off. I don't know how the movie theaters are in over countries, but here in America they are a horrible experience for me in just about every possible way. Might as well buy the blueray, and play it on your huge plasma array :D

Lin66

Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:57:28 am

star treker wrote:I should have clarified, the 47" screen is a TV ;) And if you think that is big, wait till you see the 60" plasma TV in the living room, and couple that with a 5.1 surround sound system, its like having a theater inside your house. I have absolutely no reason to go to the actual theater and get ripped off. I don't know how the movie theaters are in over countries, but here in America they are a horrible experience for me in just about every possible way. Might as well buy the blueray, and play it on your huge plasma array :D

You bet! :)

qnarkill

Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:57:09 pm

Swarf, oh reeaaallly you don't say that it is ;)

What i meant without seeing the problem it could be this simple that the wallpaper is positioned funnily after resolution change and the filling is white.
"I changed the resolution to 1440x900 when ever I reboot the wallpaper / background shows up in the left 1/4 of the screen and the rest of the 3/4 screen is white"
Imageimage ru
This aint the best example but will have to do now.

Swarfendor437

Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:37:09 pm

Hi qnarkill, so is that a Macbook Pro you have there? ;) :D

I was basing my statements on articles I found like this one:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/767081/a ... pro-retina

qnarkill

Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:34:09 pm

Swarf.. no and actually its quite sad to see that people still buy those overpriced, overrated and stagnated devices. Im not trying to invalidate any of your statements they dont void each other. You might be right if there is a issue. As allready said just posted my thought based on the error description. Fairly usual is that the users here arent that experienced so the answer could be simple one too.

Lin66

Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:48:19 pm

qnarkill wrote:Swarf.. no and actually its quite sad to see that people still buy those overpriced, overrated and stagnated devices. Im not trying to invalidate any of your statements they dont void each other. You might be right if there is a issue. As allready said just posted my thought based on the error description. Fairly usual is that the users here arent that experienced so the answer could be simple one too.

Exactly... $700 500GB HDD anyone?