This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] How Do I Change The Taskbar Font In Zorin OS 12

saul7

Wed Dec 21, 2016 7:17:27 am

Hi all
I know I must be making you all crazy by now with my now almost seemingly endless questions with help how to do
things on this OS. Hopefully this will be my last one for awhile. What I want to do now is increase the font size on the Zorin Taskbar. Right now the font for me is way to tiny. I have tried right clicking on the taskbar looking for preferences and there is none. I have tried increasing all the font sizes in Zorin Appearance and none of the settings change anything on the Taskbar. I tried increasing the height of the Taskbar and the font remains tiny. I have even looked in tweak tool and D-Config and nothing there seems to do it. So unless I've missed something which obviously I have how do I make the font on the Taskbar bigger? There has to be a way to do that. But how? @Swarfendor437 if you see this please help again or anyone else. And once again sorry for being such an annoying pest

Swarfendor437

Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:18:10 am

saul7

Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:29:44 am

@Swarfendor437 This looks like it changes all the fonts across the board. All I want to change is the font on the Taskbar only. The one with the clock and the Zorin start menu. That bar. Just the fonts on that only

saul7

Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:57:26 am

@Swarfendor437 Also I tried doing what it said to do in the terminal and I couldn't get nano to do anything. Is there any other way to accomplish what I want?

Swarfendor437

Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:19:07 am

http://superuser.com/questions/107408/h ... hell-panel

Scroll down to the answer with 9 votes.

saul7

Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:07:44 am

@Swarfendor437 That didn't work either. I'm not sure if I'm even using the CSS editor correctly. It brings up the system font, but I can't get it to display any lines beyond it so I can't even get to where it says the system font size to edit it. And again I don't want to edit the entire font across the board, I'm just trying to edit the font in the taskbar only. You know the one with the Z Zorin Icon on the left and the clock on the right. I want to make the text on it bigger cause it's way to small for my liking

Swarfendor437

Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:40:19 pm

Hi, I understood the first time round friend - the links I gave are all the information I could find - I think this is possibly the 'tightest' edition of Zorin ever produced in what you can do with it - I like to see if there are ways to circumvent such things but not got much further than yourself - I will do some delving in Synaptic to see what comes up using 'zorin' as the filter. ;) :D

Swarfendor437

Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:55:26 pm

OK, I haven't found a way to change the font to a different one but I have found how to resize if you have Gnome Tweak Tool installed:

Fonts.jpg

saul7

Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:47:04 am

@ Swarfendor437 You did it for me once again :) You solved it :) :) Yes I have Gnome Tweak Tool and I changed the scaling factor to exactly what you have on the screenshot and voila! Now I have the exact font I want on the taskbar! So Thank you so much again for your help. Now there's no more screenshield the Xscreensaver now gives me the black screen after 5 minutes every time and now my font on the taskbar's fixed. Hopefully I won't be bugging you anymore for awhile. Again Thank you very much for being so helpful with me. I really appreciate it. And now I can mark this thread as problem solved as well :)