This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

LMMS/Wine Problem

mdiemer

Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:56:01 pm

I am trying to use LMMS, the DAW that comes with Zorin (DAW=Digital Audio Workstation). I am using it with Wine so I can use "sfz," a Windows synthesizer, or player, that can host and play high quality midi files. The problem is that I can't open sfz, because it does not appear in the instrument list. The LMMS manual says this may be due to a problem with Wine, and to check with Zorin. Anyone have any idea what to do about this?

Swarfendor437

Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:48:43 pm

Hi, Zorin are not the folks to deal with Wine problems. Either checkout winehq.org or visit any forum that lmms has. ;) :D

mdiemer

Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:15:57 pm

Thanks Swarf, will do.

Swarfendor437

Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:25:38 pm

Hi mdiener, please re-elect my last post as my smart phone was acting dumb! :lol:

mdiemer

Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:58:16 am

I'm not sure what you mean.

Swarfendor437

Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:42:48 am

Wine link became predictive text and turned into wineshq.org :lol:

mdiemer

Thu Dec 29, 2016 5:43:52 pm

Swarfendor437 wrote:Wine link became predictive text and turned into wineshq.org :lol:

Ah yes, the perils of letting machines think for us. And now they want us to accept driverless cars...

No problem, I got there. I may try uninstalling LMMS and reinstalling from their website. There were several instrument players missing, not just the one I needed, so it may not have installed correctly.