This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Reset Zorin Dash theme

winterkill

Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:39:17 am

I tried to install an add-on and now my "Start Menu" in Zorin is stuck to the top of the screen and in Gnome Tweak Tool, the "Shell" section is blanked out and inaccessible leading me to believe there is a corruption or conflicted file or something.

I really want to like Zorin but little things like this are making me wish I had just installed Mint.

Any help would be appreciated. If I can't figure this out by tomorrow night, I'm probably just going to go with Mint 18. There just isn't enough support for Zorin out there. It is a good looking OS but Windows users need to be coddled along at first. I have Linux experience and Zorin is even frustrating me sometimes. (Like now.)

Swarfendor437

Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:17:09 am

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

First off did you run a full update after install?

Second, what was the item you were attempting to install as that is the likely cause of the corruption.

Lastly, how did you install Zorin, usb/dvd and did you install manually in respect of partitions before installing as this is the best way to do it.

star treker

Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:17:31 pm

More then likely you encountered the famous Zorin OS 12 desktop glitch. Its whenever you do something larger then normal with the OS, the extensions get turned off. Install Ubuntu Tweak Tool, then go to the extensions tab and make sure User Themes, as well as all the Zorin extensions are turned on except the bottom 3. More then likely one of those extensions from Zorin is turned off. And I already understand how you feel. The latest video drivers for Nvidia give the Zorin OS dyslexia because prime profiles apparently do not play nice with Zorin. Anyways it just makes you wish you went with another OS just like you were saying lol. Just try to live with it for now until you pick a new OS.