This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

How do I setup wobbly windows in Compiz on Zorin OS 12?

bravew0lf

Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:00:05 am

In Ubuntu I remember having to install compiz-plugins but I don't see that in Software Center for Zorin.
Compiz Settings Manager and Fusion Icon are the only two things showing up when searching for Compiz.

Swarfendor437

Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:27:30 pm

Hi, I've removed 12 now but seem to remember the only way I could get wobbly windows to work was to first install CairoDock DE (Desktop Environment) and login to that after install, then add compiz and get wobbly windows in CairoDock DE but no cube! :(

bravew0lf

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:04:20 am

Ah no cube sucks but I think I can survive a while without it as long as I have wobbly windows.
Thank you, I will try this and report back.

Swarfendor437

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:13:59 am

Fire on screen worked too! ;)

bravew0lf

Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:11:56 am

Okay so when I log out and click the gear icon, only deafult desktop and Zorin Desktop are there. I do have Cairo-dock installed as well as Compiz Fusion.

Swarfendor437

Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:36:00 am

Open terminal and enter 'cairo-dock' - let it run then run updates, reboot and try again.

MBMz10

Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:28:50 am

I have had the 'cube' working, maybe need to install a few 'extra's' in synaptic from memory. Just that you will lose all the Zorin 'theming' when you log into Cairo Dock DE, unless you know something I don't!

Swarfendor437

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:45:37 pm

MBMz10 wrote:I have had the 'cube' working, maybe need to install a few 'extra's' in synaptic from memory. Just that you will lose all the Zorin 'theming' when you log into Cairo Dock DE, unless you know something I don't!

Ooh! You did better than me with the cube! :D

MBMz10

Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:18:03 pm

Better, I never had 'fire on screen' ! Rock Scissors Paper???

I think you will need to Install Synaptic and use it get some of the 'extras' and or 'plugins' for cube, not sure if 'wobbly windows' was in the default Compiz install or not but sure I've had it work also. A few beers should work also!!!

Swarfendor437

Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:03:38 am

I gave up alcohol almost a year ago friend.