This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Help with uninstall?

bushfilm

Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:04:37 pm

Hello,
I have an Acer Aspire One netbook which I am giving to my daughter to help with an on-line college course, but she is afraid of Linux and wants me to put Win 7 on to this machine.
It is currently running Zorin 9 Lite, but I want to keep things simple and just erase the drive and start over. I don't seem to be able to locate the original USB drive that I used to load Zorin onto the Netbook originally, so I am feeling stuck here. I know I can't erase the drive as long as the OS is running from it, but don't know how to get around this problem. Help! thanks!

MBMz10

Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:04:04 pm

I would think you should be able to format/erase the drive during install process of either Windows or Linux. Never installed Win 7 but all the other Windows installs I've done give that option. So if you have the Win 7 install media (CDROM or DVD or USB) you should be good to go. Don't forget to save any files you want before hand though!

Swarfendor437

Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:39:25 pm

Didn't it come with factory restore option where you press something like F2 or F4? Alternatively, download Gparted live CD/USB to a memory stick (if you have another one!) and boot off of that and turn swap off, then you can delete that partition, then if any other partitions in extended partition, delete those first then the extended partition - won't let you do it if active partitions inside exteneded one, then delete the Primary with / (system of Zorin) on it. Now format to NTFS and install Windows. ;) :D