This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Graphical issue.

ghostfetish

Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:53:15 am

Hey there. I seem to be having a strange sort of problem that I cannot resolve. Namely, my taskbar is only half visible at any time, provided it is located on the bottom of the screen. In other words, the lower half of my taskbar appears to have "slipped" beneath the bottom edge of my screen. I have fiddled with resolution settings, as well as various different Zorin OS appearance features. I'm not plugged into an external monitor (nor have I ever been). If I tell Zorin OS to place the taskbar on the top of my screen, the whole taskbar is visible.

Any ideas what to do about this?

Swarfendor437

Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:44:52 pm

Not sure about that friend myself. Last time I had Zorin 12 on machine, the logout etc buttons on the menu got hidden by the panel - AWN revisited! :lol:

ghostfetish

Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:25:33 am

Anyone else have any ideas about this? It's driving me mad.

MBMz10

Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:11:53 am

I had a "window focus issue" where windows would only come into focus if I click the title bar, not anywhere on the window, I'll see you at the meeting for mad people tonight I guess. I ended up doing a fresh install. I'm hearing you, I'm hearing you!

Mine started a few days after the install of OS 12, when did yours start? Or was it always present, or should I say absent! We are talking about OS 12, yes?

I have had issue similar when the TV I was connected to (HDMI) changed its aspect ratio for some reason but your not connect to external monitor are you?
Only other thing I could think of is Video Driver issue, but that's another can of worms. I have no Gnome idea...

ghostfetish

Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:51:47 am

Yes, I'm using Zorin OS 12. For now. I might uninstall it soon. As it currently stands, I am getting a major reportable error every time I boot up the OS.

Anyway, no, it's not a window focus issue. Although it did start after the whole OS locked up while I was playing a fullscreen video in VLC. But the damage doesn't seem to be reversible.

It might could be a video driver issue, I guess, but my laptop runs a Skylake Intel chipset and it's not clear how to update the drivers in Zorin (at least to me).

Swarfendor437

Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:48:30 pm