This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Install another linux distro

Matoo125

Mon Jan 09, 2017 3:16:41 pm

I want to install another linux distro, but when I reboot I do not see the screen where it shows me press F2 (to set boot priority). Although I still managed to get there, but it not booted USB even when it is set to boot first from it. I don't know is it something with this zorin GRUB?

svx-biker

Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:36:42 pm

It depends how you created the USB.

How did you create it? With what operating system or distro?

Swarfendor437

Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:46:09 pm

Hi, We need more details:

1. What GNU/Linux distro do you have already?

2. What are the specs and partition layout of your currently installed system?

3. How are you attempting to install Zorin? :D

Finston Pickle

Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:53:06 pm

Hello,

This sounds similar to my posting under Laptop Battery Life.

I am trying to run Ubuntu 16.04 Live to see if it wastes the closed lid battery power as quickly as Zorin 12 Ultimate does (run down in ~30 hours) - but no go - the laptop boots from a power off into Zorin 12 and not Ubuntu 16.04 Live on my USB stick.

F.P.

Swarfendor437

Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:16:51 pm

Finston Pickle wrote:Hello,

This sounds similar to my posting under Laptop Battery Life.

I am trying to run Ubuntu 16.04 Live to see if it wastes the closed lid battery power as quickly as Zorin 12 Ultimate does (run down in ~30 hours) - but no go - the laptop boots from a power off into Zorin 12 and not Ubuntu 16.04 Live on my USB stick.

F.P.

Please don't hijack threads - I have responded to your query - please keep your thread separate! ;)

Finston Pickle

Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:26:37 pm

Sorry, Swarf, I got carried away. I was just trying to report having the same issue of trying to use a USB stick to run another Distro - Ubuntu 16.04 live - whilst coming from a power of on a Laptop running Zorin 12 Ultimate - and it failing to boot into Ubuntu 16.04 live.

I will chase this issue under my Laptop Battery life thread.