This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Can't get my webcam/mic to work right.

ooseven

Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:07:23 am

Hello one and all. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving:-)

I been trying to get my webcam/mic to work. I tried installing gnome mixer and every thing. It shows that I have
alsa-utilities mixer but I can find it. I installed gnome mixer and it keeps changing levels on me. Is it fighting
the other mixer?

I really need to get this fixed. I got a friend that I got to switch over from windows to zorin 3 32 bit.

I go here: http://www.midomi.com/index.php?action=main.mic_check and I get it to work then the next
time it does not work.

What can I install to get this to stay working. I got the webcam to work by left click then click global settings
and allow the site. But can't get the mic to work..

Wolfman

Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:19:47 am

Hi,

try switching to "pulse audio", open Synaptic and type "padevchooser", this should pull in all the packages you need!!.

If you are using "Skype", don't let Skype have control over the audio settings, you can do this in the options > audio settings menu of Skype!!.

Once you install pulse, open audio preferences in the volume control and make sure that the correct hardware device is addressed, also check the input level, your mic may simply be turned down!!.

Regards Wolfman :D