This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Play On Linux ?

jc*zor

Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:19:39 pm

Hi - I,m new to Zorin12 Core. I have 2 questions i need help with. Core is all set-up and works o k. ( 1 ) Where can i get manual for this OS, to print out or burn to disc? (2) Wine & playonlinux was installed with zorin install and works. I,m trying to install windows progarm (quick books pro 99). It will run on zorin but i can not get it to load. Lack of running zorin i will get better in time. I,m getting used to useing teminal. Thank You if someone get me thru this. ( zorinj )

mmoye9

Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:17:40 pm

check the compatibility of the program with wine, it should help determine if the program can run under wine

Swarfendor437

Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:02:03 pm

Quick Books is listed on the official commercial side of wine under What Runs but it is not rated or any user feedback. You have two options to try - get a 14 day free trial period to run Cross-Over on Zorin and test it out or download Deepin 15.3 from Softpedia which comes with Cross Over (older verrsion) pre-packaged - and it is legal - CodeWeavers did a deal with Deepin that they could include Cross-Over as part of the OS but cannot offer it as a separate package to be installed. ;) :D

jc*zor

Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:47:05 pm

Thank you for your help. I did get everything installed. It took a long time but i got it. Sorry i have used windows sence 3.1 so this is very hard to dump windows. Zorin 12 core is on a laptop with win xp. I just got a desktop for zorin 12 ultimate. Is it any difurent than 12 core??? Jim - jc*zor

Swarfendor437

Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:31:46 pm

You will have extra packages/applications - see my post here:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12491