This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

"SOLVED" Zorin Appearance feature

Finston Pickle

Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:39:40 pm

Before I bought Zorin 12 Ultimate, I read that you could use the Zorin Appearance feature to select between a Windows, Gnome 3, Ubuntu, Gnome 2 and Mac O/S appearance.

Having looked at the Zorin Appearance, I could not see anything explicit (As you had in Zorin 9) where you could select one or other of these options - Where is the selection feature, please?

Also, there is supposed to be, in the Zorin Appearance feature, a windows scaling panel - where is it and what does it do, please? Perhaps it is the feature I used to increase the size of the bottom thingy - I wish the thingy had a name when I hovered over it - then I would learn what it is called!

Swarfendor437

Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:20:02 am

Hi, for changing appearance, look for 'Zorin look changer'. To tweak the panel, open Tweak Tool (I am assuming that you installed 'gnome-tweak-tool', Click on Extensions in left pane then scroll down right pane to Zorin panel and click on the cog to change size of panel etc.

Finston Pickle

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:13:23 pm

Thanks again, Swarf - at times you are a one man band, thank goodness - keep up the good work!

I will look again in Zorin Appearance feature. The thing is, unless it is labled, I have no idea what a Windows, Gnome 3, Ubuntu, Gnome 2 and Mac O/S appearance looks like when reduced to some line type, black and white, sketch drawings.

I don't just want to click on them and see what I get because when I did this in Zorin 9 I was locked in one of the
looks and had difficulty in getting back to the Windows appearance. Perhaps I just want to know - which one is the Windows one - and, for reference, what are the others from left to right. I don't think that all five are there yet - even in Zorin 12 Ultimate.

I have added extra themes and icons to my Zorin 12 Installation - will the themes appear automatically in the Zorin Appearance feature? If so, how will I know which is which, by name?

Swarfendor437

Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:32:42 pm

Hi, I understand where you are coming from - the menus actually look more like my Android phone than Windows! :lol:

If you are looking at themes I would check out Gnome Extensions which cover these - I am not sure you can just apply themes directly - I am sure it was easier to work out in the 'Beta' than the final release - think I posted on how to do that - not sure - will check back and add to this post.