This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Theme changing when logging in

Ty Chi

Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:25:19 am

Hello everyone new to the forums here and to Zorin OS 12. After using Ubuntu Unity for a couple of years I decided to move on. It served me pretty well but I became tired of the sloppy look of it and the the random errors I would get when performing simple everyday task. After hopping around to about a dozen distros I have settled on Zorin for my daily driver. Love the modern looks and snappy performance I get on my laptop. As the subject title suggest I'm having one minor issue and wondering if there's a simple fix or even just an explanation. I use the default theme with the panel at the bottom and when my comp is idle and goes to lock screen when I log back in the theme changes to gnome. Any ideas, thanks in advance

Swarfendor437

Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:26:14 am

Hi I think this is a bug which I am hoping the Zorin dev team are addressing. First follow the instructions of each of my posts in this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12462

Once you have Tweak Tool installed, launch it and in left pane select Extensions then in right pane scroll down to Zorin panel and switch it to 'ON'. You will also need to switch Zorin Menu back on.

Ty Chi

Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:53:54 pm

Thank you sir!