This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Update manager failing

cominatyalive

Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:35:29 am

It really does not matter which O.S. I have installed. But for the last two weeks or more, the update manager is failing. I had Ubuntu 11.10 installed a week ago and it did the same thing.
It looks like it is updating, then I get a (Failed to fetch) error on the PPA's and many other updates. I never had this problem a month ago. The error specifically states( Failed to download package files, check your internet connection).
Over & Over, & Over again, the same thing. Then below in the update box, there are many (Failed to fetch PPA) files. Can anyone explain this? I know it is NOT my internet connection. It must be Conical or something wrong with the PPA's and repositories. This happens with my Zorin 5, Ubuntu 11.10, Ubuntu 10.04, and many others. It does not matter. Something is wrong in headquarters. Please help and tell me something.

Wolfman

Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:51:22 pm

Hi,

try changing your sources download location!!. It may help, some of the PPA's are bunk at the mo!!.

Regards Wolfman :D

cominatyalive

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:31:19 am

Thanks Wolfman,
Yes, changing the server location helped. Sometimes one or the other seems to be down at times. TY

Wolfman

Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:44:54 am

Hi,

please note that at the moment there is a lot of download traffic from and to Ubuntu because of the new OS (Ubuntu 12.04), I have noticed it myself!!.

Regards Wolfman :D