This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Uninstalling

Gissell

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:30:37 pm

I'm having trouble uninstalling Zorin, can anyone help me please?

Swarfendor437

Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:15:45 pm

Can you please tell us the specification of your computer and how you installed Zorin - on it's own or dual boot?

star treker

Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:31:56 pm

Honestly, the easiest way to uninstall Zorin is to delete the partitions that Zorin creates in the install. Another option is to install a different Linux distribution, and tell the install to go ahead and erase your current installation.

Swarfendor437

Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:05:21 pm

star treker wrote:Honestly, the easiest way to uninstall Zorin is to delete the partitions that Zorin creates in the install. Another option is to install a different Linux distribution, and tell the install to go ahead and erase your current installation.

Not if it is dual boot as if you just delete the Zorin partitions you end up with a GRUB error - hence my question! ;) :D

oxo42

Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:27:02 pm

Hi
This is of interest to me.
I have dual boot with Zorin 9 & LXLE 1st boot is ZORIN.
What are the steps to uninstall LXLE.

Thanks.

Swarfendor437

Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:51:52 pm

Hi, whilst first boot is Zorin is it the Zorin GRUB menu you see or the one that got installed with LXLE?

oxo42

Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:31:23 pm

Hi it's ZORIN grub menu.

Swarfendor437

Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:10:10 pm

Hi, follow the guide here:

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php ... st12639812

Bur replace Ubuntu in those instructions with Zorin - in ANY EVENT, BACKUP YOUR DATA FIRST BEFORE DOING ANYTHING ELSE! ;) :D

star treker

Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:11:31 am

Backing up is great advice from Swarf. Cause that way, if you make a mistake, you can always restore. Which BTW, I really would recommend REDO BACKUP as your backup solution. As it allows you to bootup of of CD and backup the entire drive, and store the image files on another drive, such as an external for example. Then with same said CD, can later restore whole drive from the image files if need be. And lastly, remember that your awesome because I said so. ;)

oxo42

Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:45:44 am

Hi
All done everything O.K. Thanks

As i was not the originator of this post will you be marking this as solved ?

Swarfendor437

Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:46:22 pm

oxo42 wrote:Hi
All done everything O.K. Thanks

As i was not the originator of this post will you be marking this as solved ?

Ooops! I have slipped up in my moderating duties! You should have started your own thread so this will not get marked as [SOLVED] until I hear from the OP (Oringinal Poster)