This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Will ZorinOS 12 be rebased on Ubuntu 16.04.2?

kovalskisrbzorin

Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:51:37 am

We need fresh ISO, and bugs (crashes) fixed. Also we need ability to make icons on desktop from menu, not to go in /usr/share/applications, and then copy them into desktop.

Swarfendor437

Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:59:24 pm

Hi, the Zorin team announced that they intended to release updates as and when they can to improve the system experience - if you want desktop shortcuts in Gnome Shell the easy way you need to lobby the Gnome Project about that or install Cairo-Dock DE to boot into instead. Ubuntu users have had the same issue if they use Gnome Shell or Ubuntu's Unity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZU9XzJBgVc

star treker

Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:33:25 pm

Ya, honestly, if I were you I wouldn't hold my breath. What you have is what you got, the only way to get something different is to really install something different. Like Swarf said, you have the option to install Cyro Dock, you also have the option of installing a different Linux distro.

Swarfendor437

Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:06:42 pm

Or an option I have not thought about is Unity is the other option - I posted a link in another recent thread to Nixie Pixel who explains the differences between Unity (Ubuntu DE) and Gnome shell (Gnome DE).