This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Divorcing Micrsoft Windows

LightUser

Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:38:14 pm

Hello everyone

Although I have not downloaded Zorin yet, on the cause of researching the OS, I would like to know, that when I do, how do I TOTALLY delete Migraine Microsoft from my computer? :D :lol: :( :evil: :cry:

mdiemer

Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:23:18 pm

First, make a system image and backup all your data. Then choose the install option of wiping the hard drive clean. You could also choose to dual=boot, which is the default option. This gives you more time to decide if you truly want to ditch Windows at this time. you can always do so later.

mmoye9

Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:15:28 pm

assuming you've made the backup as suggested, you should use the gparted bootable disc to wipe your hard drive, then you can load up zorin os via bootable usb/dvd etc. and install it from there or test it before installing from the live device

Swarfendor437

Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:52:33 pm

Gparted (should) come with Zorin in live mode - I've noticed a few distributions now that remove this once it is installed - boot Zorin in live mode, then search for GParted in the search bar of the menu and your good to start deleting - please be aware that if this is a Notebook you may also need to delete any hidden partitions if you are sure you don't want windows back or you never intend to sell it on with Windows. :D