This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

URGENT HELP

Yukki02

Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:20:00 pm

Hello, I'm Spanish, but since I did not find any forum in my language, I came to help here.
It turns out that install zorin 11 lite, but when the machine restart zorin did not start, the screen goes black, try to reinstall zorin 11 lite but this time after selecting the keyboard distribution it marks an error:
UBI- PARTMAN CRASHED
Ubi- partman failed with exit code 10. Further information may be found in/var/log/syslog. Do you want to try running this step again before continuing? If you do not, your installation may fail entirely or may broken.n.
And since I can not continue with the installation, please I need help, thank you.

Swarfendor437

Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:48:50 pm

Hi, Zorin 11 Lite like Core version was based on Ubuntu 15.10 and is now end of life. I am hoping the Zorin team are working on Zorin 12 Lite which would be based on Lubuntu 16.04, supported to April 2019.

MBMz10

Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:41:39 am

Isn't version 16.04 LTS supported until April 2021 (5 years)?

Swarfendor437

Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:55:26 pm

No, LTS on Lubuntu (Lite) is 3 years, never 5 - only full blown Ubuntu and forks such as Zorin Core/Ultimate are 5 years. Lubuntu also has some intermittent short-life (developmental) editions which sometimes last no longer than 18 months. ;) :D

MBMz10

Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:05:46 pm

Well you learn something every day. Thought it might have been a typo but just confirmed on https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Lubuntu/GetLubuntu
Guess I just assumed it to be the same as the full blown versions!
LTS in this case stands for Lite/Less/Lack/Limited Term Support
Thanks for the info