This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Preview of Unity & MacOS desktops.

Hugh Swine

Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:37:56 pm

Is there anywhere I can get a look at Zorin's spin on the Unity and MacOS desktops? Specifically the application dash.This would be my primary reason for the purchase. It'd be nice to know what I'm getting.

Should mention that I've trawled through YouTube and was only able to find one or two reviews with a 1 or 2 second flash of the desktops.

Thanks for your time.

Thomas

MBMz10

Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:23:53 am

Try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld601wkCbgo appearance features start at about 5 1/2 minute in ;)

Hugh Swine

Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:37:48 pm

Thanks. That's a great help.

Do you happen to know if it's possible to hide applications in the Unity and MacOS dash? Either with a menu editor or by manually editing a config file. I'm trying to create a super-simple desktop for my befuddled relatives; with all the non-essential stuff hidden from sight.

Swarfendor437

Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:59:00 pm

Not sure how to 'hide' as such - why not just detach from the panel/unity then delete the shortcut - WARNING not tried this myself as I am stuck at present! Still awaiting a response from Team Zorin via PM:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=12734