This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Potential purchaser of Ultimate with questions first

mikeew83

Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:32:35 pm

Hello I just recently discovered Zorin and it looks really good. I have a few questions;
1. If I buy a ultimate license am I able to use that install on multiple computers in my house. I have about 3-4 machines I would want to install on?
2. When 13 comes out and hypotehtically based on Ubuntu 18 will that be a seperate purchase or will I be able to upgrade to it? if I can upgrade will there be an upgrade fee to keep my ultimate distro license? or will it have to be a whole new install?

Swarfendor437

Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:41:44 pm

1. You can put any version of GNU/Linux on as many machines as you like - as with all paid for GNU/Linux distributions you only get support on the primary machine of use - you cannot get support on subsequent machines - that's when you make use of the forum.

2. Wolfman in his post-install guide (it's in the global announcements bit of the forum) for Zorin 9 up should help you. Personally, my advise is to backup your '/home' folder remembering to use Ctrl+ H to show hidden files that will include application settings and windows apps if you use wine. As for upgrading you would need to pay for the next Long Term Release which if current numbering is anything to go by would be Zorin 15 - Zorin 13 is likely to be a short-term development release but from what I have read I believe Team Zorin are sticking with 12 up to April 2021 and adding updates continually to focus on 12 - I suspect therefore that as time goes on they will issue new isos much the same way Ubuntu does with their long-term releases e.g., 12.04, 12.04.1 and so on. ;) :D