This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Need help with desktop wallpaper

mikeew83

Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:29:34 am

I cannot get a desktop wallpaper to stretch there seems to be no options for this.

Swarfendor437

Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:42:48 pm

I believe the only 'stretch' option on most Gnome desktops these days is 'Zoom' ;) :D

MBMz10

Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:04:50 am

On Zorin 12 I assume? I couldn't find a setting for this either when just using settings>backgound but if you install Gnome Tweak Tool it has options for this, select Desktop on the left hand side of the tweak tool and you should find what your after.

Swarfendor437

Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:22:37 am

MBMz10 wrote:On Zorin 12 I assume? I couldn't find a setting for this either when just using settings>backgound but if you install Gnome Tweak Tool it has options for this, select Desktop on the left hand side of the tweak tool and you should find what your after.

Drat I'm going to have to run I'm live mode aren't I :lol:

MBMz10

Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:20:03 am

Swarfendor437 wrote:Drat I'm going to have to run I'm live mode aren't I :lol:

Reminds me of that T shirt slogan "bomb disposal technician, if you see me running try and keep up"
You could try 'persistence' mode or a VM but you already know that.
I reinstalled (on test PC) 12 core the other day, promptly broke it then 12 Ultimate so it was still fresh (haven't got around to breaking it yet) for me to test the above setting as my memory is shot also.