This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Can't find shutdown icon

snydley100

Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:18:37 am

With Zorin 9 when I clicked on the Z there were icons next to the Z that would let me shudown, restart, or cancel. My new Zorin 12 install doesn't have this. I have to go to the terminal and type shutdown! Where did they go? Another thing that might be related, the Z, and all the icons on the right on the menu bar? are very, very small! Maybe I somehow have to resize the size of that and shutdown will show up? I also can't right click and "autohide" this anymore, I right click on it and nothing happens. Maybe I have to adjust the font size or something?
Thanks for any help offered,
Snyde

MBMz10

Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:42:01 am

Should have shutdown button when you click on the Z on bottom left corner of screen and also on the right hand side near the clock, does your 'Z menu' work or is it below the panel or something?
Go to Settings>Zorin Appearance> click the Panel button and try a few changes. Resize and autohide are there, right clicking is an almost forgotten art in Zorin 12 however if your system is up to date you should have some R click functions in the menu. Post some screen shots if none of this works!

snydley100

Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:38:04 am

I have no shutdown button when I click the Z. I stumbled upon the shutdown, on the right side bottom, awhile after I wrote this message. I can use that, I'll just have to remember it's on the right side now.
Thanks,
Snyde

MBMz10 wrote:Should have shutdown button when you click on the Z on bottom left corner of screen and also on the right hand side near the clock, does your 'Z menu' work or is it below the panel or something?
Go to Settings>Zorin Appearance> click the Panel button and try a few changes. Resize and autohide are there, right clicking is an almost forgotten art in Zorin 12 however if your system is up to date you should have some R click functions in the menu. Post some screen shots if none of this works!

snydley100

Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:50:20 pm

Turns out I do have the shutdown button, it was hiding below the visible part of the screen. It's still not right though,. I got the autohide to work once, and not again. I think the problem is is that the desktop is a little bit bigger than the size of my screen. I need to figure out how to make it smaller, yet leave it in the 16:9 size.
Thanks for any help offered,
Snyde

MBMz10 wrote:Should have shutdown button when you click on the Z on bottom left corner of screen and also on the right hand side near the clock, does your 'Z menu' work or is it below the panel or something?

snydley100

Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:08:37 pm

That's what did it! I went to Settings > Zorin Appearance and switched the Layout from the middle to the left most choice. That got the panel to show and I was able to get the autohide to work like I wanted it to. Then I went to Panel, and increased the size to 60. That made the Z, and everything else on the panel larger, the way I had it in Zorin 9.
Thanks,
Snyde

MBMz10

Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:19:49 pm

Good to hear, all sorted then?

Swarfendor437

Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:51:31 pm

Same happened to me - its like GnoMenu reborn - that's Zorin Karma for you! :lol: