This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

[SOLVED] Is Zorin 12 an LTS version?

snydley100

Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:18:38 pm

Is Zorin 12 an LTS version? I like Zorin the best out of all the Linux desktops I've used,(primarily Mint and Ultimate Edition), and I want to support it by buying it, BUT I only want to buy LTS versions. I bought Zorin 9 Ultimate and love it, I now am using 12 core, and if it is an LTS version I'll buy the Ultimate version too, if not I'll wait for the next LTS VERSION.
Thanks,
Snyde

[quote="MBMz10"]Should have shutdown button when you click on the Z on bottom left corner of screen and also on the right hand side near the clock, does your 'Z menu' work or is it below the panel or something?

I ended up finding how to get the autohide working. Experimenting, I went to Settings > Zorin Appearance and switched the Layout from the middle to the left most choice. That got the autohide to work like I wanted it to. Then I went to Panel, and increased the size to 60. That made the Z, and everything else on the panel larger, the way I had it in Zorin 9.
Thanks,
Snyde

qnarkill

Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:31:51 pm

Zorin OS 12 is based on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, it will be supported with security updates until April 2021.

snydley100

Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:46:17 pm

qnarkill wrote:Zorin OS 12 is based on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, it will be supported with security updates until April 2021.

Great, Thanks! I'll be buyin'
Snyde

qnarkill

Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:21:43 pm

Awesome. Please mark the topic as solved.

snydley100

Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:45:54 am

qnarkill wrote:Awesome. Please mark the topic as solved.

Geez, I don't know how to do that, or that we were supposed to.
Snyde