This is a static archive of the old Zorin Forum.

The information below may be outdated. Visit the new Zorin Forum here ›

If you have registered on the old forum, you will need to create an account on the new forum.

Installation freeze

light_cannon

Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:48:17 pm

Hello Zorin users :D

I hope I find a help here

I followed the installation guide in the official zorin website,downloaded 12.1 version and checked that the file is not corrupted, used Echer to make a bootable USB from the iso I downloaded

the problem is that it takes long time to boot, and very very long time between responding to me , as example, when I press " Install Zorin", it takes long time to forward me to the next screen to see if I will download 3rd party softwares or not. The same with every window with very long time in betweens. Till I reached where I select the installation type ( I selected " something else" ), It freezed for about 30 mins after I pressed"continue" with no response. This made me give up the whole Idea !

Is there any solution ?

Swarfendor437

Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:03:14 am

light_cannon

Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:46:16 am

Notebook : Samsung

ammount of RAM : 4GB

current OS : windows 8.1

Partitioning : I have 3 primary partitions +1 logical , all NTFS

Graphics card: nvidia geforce gt 520mx

Audio chipset : I don't exactly

wireless : Intel centrino wireless N 130

I tried to install it on a usb flash

I was trying to install Zorin 12.1

Swarfendor437

Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:22:17 pm

Hi, When you boot the image of Zorin, do you see a picture of 'man = keyboard' logo at bottom of screen? If so, press spacebar when that appears and you should see language selected. You now need to press 'Esc'(ape) key and then press F3 to choose keyboard layout that matches your locale/region. once selected, press enter to go back to selection and then press F6 - put a checkmark against 'acpi=off' 'nolapic' and 'nomodeset' - see if things improve then. ;) :D